Terms and Conditions
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
Maidenhead Aquatics Online may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Please note that our terms and conditions are based on Distance Selling Regulations (2000) and are designed to both protect the consumer and the retailer. By placing an order online upon this website, Fishkeeper.co.uk (Rapid Aquatics Ltd t/as Maidenhead Aquatics Online) (hereby referred to as ‘The Company’) the customer (hereby referred to as ‘you’) will have confirmed your acceptance of these terms and conditions, as clearly stipulated upon the confirmation order page prior to payment.
Our contact details are as follows: Rapid Aquatics Ltd t/as Maidenhead Aquatics Online PO box 619 EGHAM TW20 2BS
When purchasing online a number of terms and conditions apply to the transaction. All products that are listed within the Company’s website are subject to availability. On occasions, it may not be possible for the Company to supply the ordered products. In these circumstances, you will be contacted via email or telephone, and should no suitable alternative be available, your order will be cancelled and fully refunded. The Company will not be responsible for compensating you for any losses which you may suffer if the Company does not supply the products that have been ordered.
The Company reserves the right to refuse to supply the goods ordered to you, and the receipt of a confirmation email from the Company does not constitute a contract between the Company and you.
Should the company refuse to supply you with the goods that you have been ordered, a full refund will be provided to you.
Advertised Price and Accuracy of Information
The total price payable for the goods will be stipulated at the time you place your order.
All of the prices indicated upon our website are in Pounds Sterling, include VAT at the appropriate rate, but exclude delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
The Company reserves the right to amend prices at any time, to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
Until dispatch of goods by the seller to the buyer, no contract for the sale of goods shall arise.
Should an order be placed for an item which is inaccurately priced, the Company will contact you as soon as is reasonably possible to arrange the necessary amendments to the transaction. Should the revised price be unacceptable to you, the Company will provide you with a full refund and cancel your order. If the Company is unable to contact you regarding the matter, the order will be refunded and cancelled.
Due to the large volume of products that are advertised upon the Company’s website and the continued expansion of our product range; the Company is often reliant upon manufacturers for the provision of product descriptions.
Every effort is made to ensure that this information is clear, accurate and up to date. The Company does not however warrant, represent or guarantee that this information is clear, accurate or up to date.
We will be not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages whatsoever that may arise out of or are related to the use of this website and or any information contained within it.
The Company endeavours to ensure that all orders placed before 15:00 GMT on a working day are dispatched the same day. However this will not always be possible.
Ordinarily you will receive your order within 5 working days. Please note that the Company does not guarantee the delivery timeframe of any order placed. The Company shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in the delivery of an order. Should you have not received your order within 28 days of placing it, you may contact the Company quoting your order number. The Company will then provide you with an estimated delivery timeframe or alternatively may offer a full refund.
When delivered to you, it is your responsibility to inspect the goods that have been received. The Company will not accept any liability for any loss or damage that has been incurred during transit unless the Company has been informed in writing (or via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 working days of the receipt of the goods.
The Company reserves the right to either dispatch a replacement(s) or missing item(s), or to provide a refund for the item(s) damaged or missing. Should an item be damaged, the Company may wish to arrange for the damaged item(s) to be collected or require that you dispose of the item(s), or alternatively we will request that you return the damaged item to us via a Second Class Royal Mail Service, the cost of which we will reimburse. Should the Company wish to collect damaged item(s), you must ensure that they are easily available for collection and in their delivered condition.
Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising from the damage or loss of an order during transit.
For more information about delivery, charges applicable and returns click here.
Price Match Policy
We offer to Price Match any legitimate retailer, whether they are online or in a 'bricks and mortar' store, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Our Price Match policy is only applicable to a purchase conducted in one of our stores and does not apply to any online purchase carried out on our website (fishkeeper.co.uk).
- We do not offer Price Match for any eBay merchants, private sellers or other auction sites.
- The item must be in stock with both us and the competitor at the time of matching.
- We will only match items that are available from competitors within the UK and priced in £GBP.
- Prices for ‘special order’ items must be agreed at the time of ordering - prices cannot be matched retrospectively after the order has arrived.
- Please note that our Price Match policy is only applicable at the time of your original purchase and cannot be applied retrospectively to previously purchased items.
- The matched price must be 'like-for-like', including any postage and packing, delivery charges and finance deals, etc.
- We cannot offer interest-free credit finance deals on any items that have been price-matched, even if the value exceeds £350
- We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position. We will require the selected retailer's name, description of the product, the web address (if applicable) and the advertised price.
- Our Price Match is for personal use only. We reserve the right to restrict Price Match on each item to one per customer.
- The Price Match will not apply if the relevant competitor is in administration or closing down.
- The competitor’s product must be brand new, undamaged, identical to ours, and offered on the same terms.
- Price Match cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
- Our Price Match policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- All Price Match transactions are carried out on a case-by-case basis and at our discretion. We reserve the right to withdraw our Price Match at any time without prior notice.
- Once activated the value on your Maidenhead Aquatics Gift Card can be used as full or part payment at any Maidenhead Aquatics store in the United Kingdom or on this website (fishkeeper.co.uk).
- The card can be loaded with any value between £10 and £500. The maximum value stored on the card is £500.
- The monies on the card cannot be exchanged for cash. Any remaining balance will be stored on the card and may be used to pay for future purchases.
- All monies on the card must be used by the expiry date which is 2 years from the date of purchase. Any balance left on the card after this date will be deducted.
- Any Gift Card purchased online will be dispatched no later than the next working day. Orders shipped via Royal Mail Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery will have proof of postage and this will be deemed the end of our responsibility for the shipping of all orders. We can provide a Royal Mail tracking number to support you in tracing an item (not applicable for orders shipped by first class post).
- Please protect the card and treat it as cash, the balance cannot be returned if lost or stolen.
- To check the remaining balance on your Gift Card visit our Gift Card page or contact 0844 412 4512 (calls are charged at 5.1p per minute from a BT landline).
- This card is not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card.
- Maidenhead Aquatics reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time or withdraw the card on reasonable notice. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- To benefit from special offers and promotions from Maidenhead Aquatics register your gift card here.
- Credit Note cards received in-store cannot be used as a payment method for an online order.
Free gifts and offers
- Free gifts are not eligible for exchange or refund. If you later return your order for refund then you must also return the free gift item or otherwise agree to purchase it at the current selling price. In the event of the free gift being out of stock or unavailable, Maidenhead Aquatics will offer an alternative product to the value of the current selling price.
- All Free Gifts will be posted to the address you supplied to us when placing your order.
Prices: All prices quoted are correct at the time of quotation. The company reserves the right to change pricing without prior notice.
Quotations: All quotations are given by the Company on condition that the Company shall not be bound until the Company has received the customer’s written acceptance (or Purchase Order) of the quotation. The offer made by the Company and any report attached thereto may be withdrawn or amended by the Company at any time before receipt of the customer’s acceptance in writing. Quotation shall be valid for a period of 30 days unless otherwise specified in writing.
Orders: No orders shall be binding until accepted by the Company in writing.
Transport, Delivery and Shortage: All services and goods must be paid for on delivery unless previously arranged with Fishkeeper Plus. Damage to goods must be notified immediately to the Company and to the carrier (if applicable).
The customer shall ensure that an authorised person is in attendance to receive the goods and service being delivered and that he shall sign for the aforesaid. Failing this it shall be deemed that all goods have been received in good condition.
The time and date of delivery shall not be fundamental to the performance of any contract entered into.
Title of Goods: The Company shall retain title to all goods until payment is made in full.
Cancellation and Returns: Orders for goods and/or services cannot be cancelled after acceptance by the Company unless otherwise agreed. If cancellation is agreed standard products will be subject to a restocking charge of 50% of the invoice value. Non-standard products shall be subject to a restocking charge of 100%. All carriage charges shall be paid by the customer.
Livestock: We at Fishkeeper Plus are fishkeepers ourselves. The welfare of your livestock is therefore of paramount importance to us at all times. In the unlikely event that something does go wrong that results in the loss of livestock, we will assist you in returning your aquarium to a healthy condition but do not accept liability for any losses.
Terms of Payment: UK customers with credit accounts for standard products are required to settle their accounts no later than 30 days after the date of invoice. The Company will charge interest on debit balances on accounts where the period of 30 days has been exceeded. The rate of interest shall be at the rate of 10% above the Bank of England base rate at the time the account becomes in default.
All customers with credit accounts for special products are subject to the following terms:
- 50% of order value (plus VAT) payable with order.
- Final balance payable in full no later than 30 days after the date of invoice.
All non-account customers are liable for payment in full upon delivery of the goods and services.
The proper law referable in the terms and conditions herein contained and to any contract made between the Company and any customer in the Law of England. 01/02/14
You have the option to choose 'Store Collection' instead of 'Home Delivery' when checking out on our website. This function has been designed to offer a helpful and efficient service when it's perhaps easier to collect if you're passing by, guarantee the item you wish to purchase will be in stock, or possibly when there may not be anyone at home to receive your delivery from Fishkeeper.co.uk. You can also take advantage of expert advice from our store teams with respect to your purchase or your livestock at the time of collection by choosing this option.
With over 160 stores throughout the UK, you're never far from a Maidenhead Aquatics store. Therefore, you can choose your most convenient store, where purchases will be safely kept aside for 7 days for you to collect. Simply visit the till point with your proof of purchase (i.e. email confirmation) and relevant ID (e.g. Driving License or passport) where our store staff will be happy to unite you with your order.
Our standard 'same-day dispatch' is applicable to the 'Store Collection' service too, so as long as you order something online before 3pm it will be dispatched that day!*
The ‘Store Collection' option is a chargeable service at £1.95 for all orders below £30, and then free for all orders over £30.
*Subject to availability. Orders placed before 3pm (Monday to Friday) will be dispatched that same day, orders placed over the weekend or Bank Holiday Monday will be dispatched the next working day. Please allow one hour from the DPD notified delivery time to the Maidenhead Aquatics store before collecting your order, and be aware of the store's current opening hours to avoid disappointment in collecting once the store has closed.
Your Right to Cancel and Returns
There are a number of circumstances when you may wish to cancel and/or return goods ordered. Should you find that an order placed is unsuitable for your requirements, the Company will provide you with a full refund for any UNUSED and UNOPENED item(s) returned to us within 60 days of purchase.
On such occasions, you must contact the Company in writing (or via email sent to email@example.com), quoting your order number and the item(s) that you wish to be returned, prior to returning the product(s). Once the Company has received and acknowledged your requirement, they will provide you with the necessary procedure which you must ensure is followed. The Company will provide a full refund for these item(s) once received in original condition, excluding any carriage charges that may have been incurred when initially dispatching the order. When returning goods, we recommend that you use a courier or deliver them personally to us. The Company accepts no responsibility for damage that is incurred in transit when returning goods, or for goods that are lost in transit.
Should you require the goods to be collected by the Company in order for their return, the cost of this will be incurred by you and not the Company.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. This legislation requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis. Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
If you're buying a new electrical item at Maidenhead Aquatics, we will recycle your old one for free.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com.
If you have any complaints please contact us by email with details of your complaint as firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
Maidenhead Aquatics PO box 619 EGHAM TW20 2BS
Use of Website Content
Please note that Maidenhead Aquatics do not accept responsibility for the content of any posted messages or articles and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or utility of any posted message or article.
Posted messages or articles express the views of their author only, and do not reflect the views of Maidenhead Aquatics. Any user who feels that a posted message or article is incorrect or objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via this form. We will make every effort to remove inaccurate or objectionable content within a reasonable period if it is determined that removal is necessary.
Through your use of this service, you agree that you will not use this bulletin board to knowingly post any material that is false, libellous and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Maidenhead Aquatics.
Commercial enterprises or sites may not be advertised on the site without the express prior written permission of Maidenhead Aquatics. If you wish to advertise here then contact us via this form.
The judgments of the site administrators and moderators are final, and Maidenhead Aquatics reserves the right to suspend or cancel the memberships of any members that are found to be in violation of these rules.
Maidenhead Aquatics, Fishkeeper and the related items are Copyright and Trademarks of Maidenhead Aquatics. ©2009 (2017?) All rights reserved.
The opinions expressed in the Fish & Plant Databanks are those of Emma Turner and the staff at Maidenhead Aquatics at Peterborough, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Maidenhead Aquatics group. The information provided is deemed to be as accurate and helpful as possible, however, Maidenhead Aquatics do not accept responsibility for any use derived from it or any reliance placed upon it.
Promotions and prices on the Maidenhead Aquatics online website may differ to those in our retail outlets. All offers are subject to terms and conditions. For full details regarding our Online Store’s delivery and returns policy please click here.
Maidenhead Aquatics does not accept responsibility for any images used in our Fishkeeper Gallery. Maidenhead Aquatics do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information relating to the images uploaded, and are not responsible for their content. Any user that uploads an image or images that are copyrighted, non-original or do not belong to the user, will be held fully responsible to any copyright infringements. If you believe any image shown is subject to this, please contact us immediately with proof of ownership via this form.
You also agree, through your use of this gallery, that you will not use this to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. All uploads will be monitored and approved before being posted live, and Maidenhead Aquatics reserve the right to omit or edit any content contained within.
By uploading your image(s) onto the Fishkeeper Gallery, Maidenhead Aquatics reserve the right to use your image(s) for any future commercial marketing or advertising purposes. You will also permit us to post your name and aquarium details through various social media and marketing campaigns. When entering the gallery competition, in the event of winning, you also allow Maidenhead Aquatics permission to forward your details to the relevant third parties issuing your prize.
This website and its content is copyright of Maidenhead Aquatics - © Maidenhead Aquatics 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.