AquaPond Care Blanketweed Treatment kills blanketweed and string algae which can then be removed from the pond to prevent further outbreaks. It also stabilises the pond pH. Blanketweed is a common invader of ponds, particularly in Spring and Summer, it's green stringy growth covers the pond and can limit light levels and remove important oxygen and pond nutrients leading to potential issues for the ponds plants and fish inhabitants.
This Aquapond care treatment will also help to encourage healthy plant growth. All whilst be completely safe to fish as well as wildlife and pets that may drink from the pond.
Small treats 10,000 litres, medium treats 30,000 litres and large treats 55,000 litres of pond water.
Directions for use
- Remove as much blanketweed as possible by hand to increase rate of effectiveness.
- Calculate the ponds volume in litres using the following: [Length x width x average depth (in metres)] x 1000
- Add one level scoop for every 230l. We recommend dissolving the treatment in a bucket of warm water and the distributing it evenly over the ponds surface.
- Apply this dose every week for one month and then repeat as required thereafter. Good aeration will help with the treatments effectiveness.
- To prevent further algae growth we recommend removing the dead algae as it appears and treating with a Sludge Remover, this prevents oxygen levels dropping which may harm fish and the release of nutrients which stimulate further algae problems.
- To maintain a healthy pond regular water changes should be carried out using Aquapond Care Pond Tap Water Treatment.
No one has left a review yet.
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.