The Ulcer treatment from AquaPond Care effectively treats ulcers, bacterial gill disease and dropsy in a unique formula to specifically target these problems in pond fish.
Certain species of bacteria can infect fish internally causing an array of symptoms. Usually manifesting as lethargy, clamped fins, reddening of the body and fins. If a fishes scales appear to be raised and their eyes are slightly bulging or protruding these are signs that your fish may have a different infection usually referred to as cloudy/pop eye or dropsy.
Fish affected by swimbladder issues struggle to stay buoyant. They typically look well but float near the water’s surface, or sink to the bottom, wobbling about on their side or upside down. They can get exhausted trying to stay upright, or trying to feed. This can be caused by various problems including a sudden change in water temperature although a swimbladder bacterial infection is a more likely cause.
- Fish dying without obvious cause
- Ulcer like sores appear on the fishes skin; gills rotting and reddening of skin and fins.
- Emaciation (sunken belly)
- Clamped fins
- Lethargy, sluggish behaviour
- Struggling to stay afloat and level in the water
- Raised scales and bloating
- Cloudy eyes
Use 10ml per 182 litres (48 gallons)
- 250ml bottle treats 2273 litres (600 gallons)
- 1000ml bottle treats 9092 litres (2401 gallons)
Directions for use
- Calculate the ponds volume in litres using the following: [Length x width x average depth (in metres)] x 1000
- Shake bottle well
- Remove dosage chamber cap and foil seal, squeeze bottle until chamber is filled to the required level.
- Add 25ml for every 200l of pond water. We recommend adding the treatment to a bucket of pond water and then evenly distributing this over the surface of the pond, or an area with high flow.
- This is two-dose course of treatment and the second dose should be administrated four days after the first.
- We recommend testing your water for any underlying water quality issues to help prevent further bacterial issues.
- If necessary, it is safe to repeat the course of treatment after 7 days.
No one has left a review yet.
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.