BiOrb aquariums include everything you need to start your new hobby. With your plug and play BiOrb you’ll soon be decorating your tank and enjoying the magic of keeping fish. With a range of stunning designs, you’ll find an aquarium to fit every home. The MCR Lighting, pump, and filtration are simple to set up and easy to look after.
The biOrb 60 is ideal if you're looking to keep larger and more advanced species of fish. It's often the natural choice when looking for a Marine set up. The high tech filtration used with all biOrb aquariums gives the biOrb 60 the appeal of a larger aquarium with the easy maintenance of a smaller setup.
All biOrbs have a filter at the bottom of the aquarium. It’s where solid waste naturally settles. Put simply, the filter works where there is most to filter.
1. Air-driven filtration system creates vigorous water flow and a constantly changing water surface. This maintains oxygen saturation.
2. The circular flow of water then collects any fish waste on its way down.
3. It draws the waste through the ceramic media where the natural biological filtration absorbs some toxins. The freshly oxygenated water also feeds the bacteria.
4. Any remaining waste is trapped in the sponge cartridge. The water then passes through resin particles and natural stabilisers to remove toxic substances and keep the pH levels constant.
5. The clean water is then oxygenated as it flows back up the bubble tube to repeat the cycle.
Two light options are available for the biOrb 30, a standard LED light and an intelligent light which uses long life LEDs to automatically replicate a natural 24 hour light cycle.
For your peace of mind, the lights and pump are low voltage and are backed by a 12 month guarantee. The aquarium itself is made from acrylic which is ten times stronger than glass. The biOrb 60 is available in coldwater and tropical versions and can easily be converted to saltwater with our Marine Conversion Kit (available separately).
You can keep an impressive collection of fish in your biOrb 60 and still enjoy the benefits of an aquarium which is simple to look after.
The Multi-Coloured Remote-Controlled LED light
Now you can enjoy the magic of multi-coloured lighting in your biOrb at the touch of a button. Simply choose your favourite colour or scroll through the entire spectrum of light.
What's more, it is an automatic setting which simulates a natural light cycle for your fish. An inbuilt timer phases the light through a 24 hour period from daylight to moonlight and back again. Simply choose from the 8, 10 and 12 hour daylight settings and the MCR light will do the rest.
You can leave it running 24/7, so if you are late home or away on holiday your fish's routine is not disturbed.
Electrical and environmental requirements
- Line voltage: 12V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 13W
Complies with UL, ULC and CE safety requirements.
What's in the box?
- biOrb Transformer
- Air Pump
- Airstone Ceramic Media 900g
- Filter cartridge
- Water conditioner (5ml sachet)
- Beneficial bacteria liquid (5ml sachet)
||BiOrb Classic MCR 60
||20.4 inches (52cm)
||19.6 inches (50cm)
||130 pounds (61 kg)
||16 Gallon (60L)