D - D H2Ocean Pro+ is a new pro formula aquarium salt -produced by a solar evaporative process which produces a totally natural base salt where all of the main and trace elements are in complete balance as nature intended.
The pure natural salt is then specially enhanced for aquarium use by elevating specific elements that over time become depleted, such as calcium and magnesium which are used by corals and coralline algae for growth.
Its natural origin ensures that the salt contains all 70 main and trace elements in the correct proportions mixed to a homogeneous blend by nature.
- 6.6Kg bucket for 165 - 200 litres
- 23Kg bucket for 575 - 690 litres
Now with new bucket design (including the robust metal handle on the 23kg bucket) and tamper-resistant lid.
The formulation for H2Ocean+ salt has been developed by D-D following many months of testing and evaluation. The salt is designed to dissolve quickly and easily and to have a specific chemistry which is the optimum formulation to maintain a healthy reef and allow regular water changes whilst maintaining a natural balance.
Calcium and Magnesium levels are boosted to replace that used up through coral growth within the aquarium whereas chloride levels are slightly lowered to allow post additions of calcium and magnesium chloride with a minimised effect on the chloride balance.
H2Ocean Pro+ salt is recommended for use with Reverse Osmosis (RO) water or soft water with a calcium level lower than 30 mg/l. As the calcium level in H2Ocean+ is already enhanced to 440 mg/l then mixing with hard tap water which contains additional calcium may raise the concentration above normal recommended levels and cause the calcium to precipitate out of solution. (RO water removes undesirable ions like phosphate and nitrate from your tap water which otherwise would contribute to nuisance algae in your aquarium).
The volume of salt water that can be made from a single bucket of salt will depend on the final SG that the salt solution is mixed to.
For a reef aquarium, it is suggested mixing to an S.G: of 1.0268 @ 25°C = 35.5 ppt by using the salt to water ratio given below:
Using a clean container
- Add 1 Kg of H2Ocean+ to 25 litres of water (1 Lb to 3.0 U.S. Gallons)
- Mix well until all of the salt is dissolved and the solution is clear.
- We recommend that you aerate for 24 hours and bring to temperature before use.
- Check the S.G. before addition to the aquarium.
- If required add more salt or water to obtain the correct S.G. reading.
- Remember that S.G. changes with temperature.
We would always recommend the use of a refractometer for accurate and consistent measurement of the S.G. of your salt solution.
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.