External filters are an excellent option for medium sized aquariums and upwards. Their large size and power means they are the most suitable option for larger aquariums, or those that are heavily stocked or house messy fish which produce a lot of waste. Excellent for aquariums housing large and/or big groups of cichlids, carnivorous fish species, oddballs, stingrays etc. They are also a great option for those who wish to invest a bit more in a filtration system in order to cut back on aquarium maintenance. A larger filter means larger surface area for beneficial bacteria which means more waste can be broken down. Being an external filter there is no large unit that sits inside the aquarium itself, just some intake and outlet pipes, this makes it easier to create a more natural aquascape and also gives your fish more room to swim! It is worth remembering the clean out your filter impellor regularly in order to keep your filter working to its full potential.
Ocean Free's new Filtron series of canister filters connect the brand's Hydra-Pure technology with a new 4-stage water purification system.
Hydra Filtron’s 4-Stage Water Purification, goes beyond the conventional 3 stage filtration (Mechanical, Biological, Chemical), with the incorporation of the revolutionary Hydro-Pure technology that uses Hydroxyl Radicals (OH) to accelerate the startup time from the usual 4-5 weeks to within 1 week, reduce water odour, and retain a crystal clear tank.
It is the first canister filter in the world to incorporate Hydro-Pure Technology (cata-pure) into its design.
4 Stage Filtration Process
The first stage breaks down large solids and traps suspended particles, the 3DM nuggest provides a high surface area for beneficial bacteria which helps break-down toxic waste (e.g. Ammonia and Nitrites) biologically. In stage 2 the BioTrap Sponge breaks down finer solids and traps suspended particles and also provides a surface area for beneficial bacteria for further biological purification of toxic waste. In stage 3 the Fine Filter Wool removes fine particles, and the Carbon Pad absorbs dissolved organic compound and heavy metals to maximize the efficiency of the Hydro-pure Technology. Stage 4 incorporates Hydro-Pure technology
Uses Hydro-Pure Technology (Cata-Pure)
Quick and Easy Set up and Maintenance
The Hydra Filtron Filter is no normal external filter. Using Hydro-Pure technology that is capable of enhancing the natural filtration processes in aquariums by as much as 50% when compared to conventional systems. With the help of the Cata-Pure Cartridge, the traditional nitrogen cycle is sped up as several stages are bypassed and unnecessary. It consists of two electro-plates to energize a cartridge box containing special Cata-pure Catalyst Media to generate strong reactive Hydroxyl radicals (•OH), which is the key to the detoxifying and depurating reactions process.
These filters are quick and easy to install, the one pull priming will quickly fill the unit with water and make it ready to use. They come fully supplied with all the filter media and a valve for easy maintenance.
No one has left a review yet.
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.