Ideal for healthy plant growth and strong root development
High-temperature treatment (around 1200°C; 2192°F) gives its physical properties and allows it to be free of parasitic species which could contaminate the aquarium
AquaGrowth Soil is porous enough to allow nitrifying bacteria to properly colonize the substrate and improve water quality
Each granule of AquaGrowth Soil, with a size of 1 to 3mm, is compact enough to not turn into powder.
AquaGrowth Soil is tested by an independent laboratory (microbiological, chemical, and radioactive tests)
How to use AquaGrowth Soil
A bag is packaged in 9 litres/ 9kg corresponding to a thickness of 5 to 6 cm for a 60-litre aquarium.
Using 150g (5.29 Oz.) of soil per litre (0.25 Gal) will grant the aquarium the best soil quantity needed
AquaGrowth Soil is ready to use. It is not necessary to rinse it.
A 9 litre/KG (2.25Gal/317.46 Oz.) bag is suitable for a 60 litre (15 Gal) aquarium. This will allow plants to grow their roots in a soil thickness of 5 to 6cm (2 to 2.4 inches). Using 150g (5.29 Oz.) of soil per litre (0.25 Gal) will grant the aquarium the best soil quantity needed...
1.A) Pour a height of approximately 1cm (0.4 inches) high of dechlorinated water in the aquarium...B.) Optional: if the substrate additive Bacterkit Soil from Prodibio is used, mix in the water.
2.A) Add the quantity of AquaGrowth Soil needed directly in 1 cm (0.4 inches) of water. Due to its porosity, AquaGrowth Soil will entirely absorb this quantity of water. Install the aquatic layout as wished. It is advised to create elevation from the back to the front of the aquarium. B.)Optional: If the aquarium is going to host Shrimp, lay the AquaShrimp Powder on top of the AquaGrowth Soil. the powder texture of AquaShrimp Powder will allow Shrimps to lay their eggs and to keep them at the surface of the substrate. Otherwise, they may fall in between the granules of AquaGrowth Soil and young Shrimp will encounter difficulties to climb and reach the substrate surface.
3. Add the main decoration elements (stones, aquatic wood...) and install the aquatic layout as desired.
4. Add more water gently to avoid creating holes in the substrate, and breaking the aquarium design until the soil surface has been covered in water.
5. Add plants and continue to set up the aquarium decoration until everything looks as desired.
6. Gently fill up the aquarium with more dechlorinated water. Floating of soil fragments may occur, remove them if this happens. Water may become cloudy once the aquarium has been fully filled. Cloudiness will naturally disappear after a few hours or especially when the filtration system has been running. If cloudiness remains, drain part of the water and refill the aquarium with clean dechlorinated water.
7. Start the aquarium and safely introduce fish and Shrimps after using Prodibio's water treatment range for fresh water aquariums. Chloral Reset will remove chlorine and chloramine from tap water, start up will kick start the nitrogen cycle before introducing fish or shrimps, regular addition of Bioclean Fresh will maintain the water quality, Biovert will fertilize plants (shrimp safe) and Biokiet Fresh combines Bioclean Fresh and Biovert in one box.
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process using your designated delivery address and chosen delivery method. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order and this will be calculated on your entire basket after you have entered your delivery address. If for any reason your products are not deliverable to your chosen delivery address, the checkout will inform you of this before your order is submitted.
Our chosen couriers are DPD and Royal Mail. If an order is dispatched directly from a manufacturer then you may have a different courier delivering your order. Full tracking details for all orders sent by DPD will be provided when your order is shipped. You can choose ‘Express Courier’ to receive this service on any standard order. Any order sent from our suppliers, or with DPD will only be delivered Monday - Friday.
All stated delivery times begin from the moment your order is accepted which is when your order is shipped from our warehouse our suppliers. An order confirmation email is not the acceptance of an order by us.
A signature is required for all orders sent via DPD, at which point the responsibility for all consignments passes to you. If you have specified another recipient (who is not you) for delivery purposes, then you accept that evidence of a signature by the said recipient (or another appointed person) at your delivery address is evidence of delivery and fulfilment by DPD and this accepts the transfer of responsibility to yourself.
We do not ship orders internationally.
To see a full list of our delivery charges and to read our terms and conditions, click here.