BiOrb aquariums include everything you need to start your new hobby. With your plug and play BiOrb you’ll soon be decorating your tank and enjoying the magic of keeping fish. With a range of stunning designs, you’ll find an aquarium to fit every home. MCR Lighting, pump, and filtration are simple to set up and easy to look after.
If you're looking for a simple starter aquarium then the BiOrb Classic is for you. You can be up and running in no time, everything you need is in one box. It really is a case of just adding water and fish. If you wish to keep tropical fish a heater needs to be purchased separately.
Unique Biorb Filter
All biOrbs have a filter at the bottom of the aquarium, which is where solid waste naturally settles. The air driven filtration system creates a constantly changing water surface, this maintains oxygen saturation. The circular flow of water then collects the fish waste on its way down and draws the waste through the ceramic media substrate where the natural biological filtration takes place. Any remaining waste is trapped in the sponge cartridges which need replacing at regular intervals. The water then passes through resin particles and natural stabilisers to remove toxic substances and keep the pH levels constant.
Modern Acrylic Design
For your peace of mind, the light and pump are low voltage and both are backed by a 12 month guarantee. The aquarium itself is made from acrylic which is ten times stronger than glass. These attractive aquariums make an excellent addition to a desktop or side in the home, they are suitable for a small number of (approximately 15) small fish and/or shrimps.
The Multi-Coloured Remote (MCR) LED light
Now you can enjoy the magic of multi-coloured lighting in your biOrb at the touch of a button. Simply choose your favourite colour or scroll through the entire spectrum of light. What's more, it is an automatic setting which simulates a natural light cycle for your fish. An inbuilt timer phases the light through a 24 hour period from daylight to moonlight and back again. Simply choose from the 8, 10 and 12 hour daylight settings and the MCR light will do the rest. You can leave it running 24/7, so if you are late home or away on holiday your fish's routine is not disturbed.
List of Contents
- biOrb Transformer
- Air Pump
- Airstone Ceramic Media 900g
- Filter cartridge.
- Water conditioner (5ml sachet)
- Beneficial bacteria liquid (5ml sachet)
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.