External filters are an excellent option for medium sized aquariums and upwards. Their large size and power means they are the most suitable option for larger aquariums, or those that are heavily stocked or house messy fish which produce a lot of waste. Excellent for aquariums housing large and/or big groups of cichlids, carnivorous fish species, oddballs, stingrays etc. They are also a great option for those who wish to invest a bit more in a filtration system in order to cut back on aquarium maintenance. A larger filter means larger surface area for beneficial bacteria which means more waste can be broken down. Being an external filter there is no large unit that sits inside the aquarium itself, just some intake and outlet pipes, this makes it easier to create a more natural aquascape and also gives your fish more room to swim! It is worth remembering the clean out your filter impellor regularly in order to keep your filter working to its full potential.
The Fluval FX6 circulates and filters 3500 litres of water an hour and has an astounding filter media capacity that produces the cleanest and healthiest results ever.
Filtering media can easily be placed in a removable stack of media baskets which is at the heart of Fluval’s multi-stage filtration. The baskets are precision-engineered to eliminate water by-pass, making filtration more efficient.
The baskets can hold a total of 5.9 litres of media and can be stacked in the precise combination of layers that will work best for your aquarium. Each one is lined with a foam insert for effective mechanical pre-filtering. Instant-release T-handles let you lift and separate the baskets quickly and easily, making routine maintenance simpler.
Includes Filter Media
||Max Water Column Height
||40 x 40 x 53 cm
Even better news, Fluval FX6 comes with all the essential filtering media to provide complete and effective filtration immediately. No need to purchase additional media. Enhanced Motor Technology
Improving on the Fluval FX5, the FX6 is powered by a more efficient motor, which provides better performance while consuming 10% less electricity than its predecessor.Intelligent Pump Technology
Like the FX5, Fluval FX6 also features Smart Pump Technology, an advanced technological feature that continually monitors the pump, constantly measuring impeller speed and force to ensure powerful output and energy efficiency. It also manages the filter’s self-starting feature and evacuates air that may enter or build up within the filtration system. On a 12-hour cycle, the pump will pause and allow trapped air to escape, ensuring the best filtration efficiency at all times.
Easy Installation & Maintenance
Like all previous FX Filters, FX6 comes with all the user-friendly features that have consistently put FX aquarium filters at the head of its class when it comes to installation and maintenance.
Other features such as click-fit AquaStop valves, self-startup, and a purge valve are designed to further enhance the joys and pleasures of the hobby.
Only 54 cm (21”) in height, Fluval FX6 fits under most aquariums.
- Flow Rate: 2130 L PER HOUR
- Pump Output: 3500 L/H
- Mechanical Area: 2,100 CM²
- Media Basket Capacity: 5.9 L
- Filtration Volume: 20 L
- Head Height (max.): 3.3 M
- Wattage: 120V/60HZ – 43 W AND 230-240V/50HZ – 41 W
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 40 X 40 X 53 CM (15.75 X 15.75 X 20.8 IN)
No one has left a review yet.
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.