Proficlear Premium Compact-M EGC - Gravity Fed
- Compact and self-cleaning drum filter units available in both pump and gravity fed versions
- Premium drum filter and moving bed biological filter
- High separating capacity through deep bed filtration down to 80 microns
- New Hel-X 13 media with significantly enlarged surface area for effective decomposition of pollutants
- New pump chamber for combination with Bitron UV Clarifiers
Using technology from the highly successful and popular Proficlear Premium automated Drum Filter and Moving Bed Biological Filter, OASE Germany have packed all the same great features into one easy to maintain box. This unit is ideal for Koi ponds of up to 20,000 litres (4,400 gallons), goldfish ponds of up to 40,000 litres (8,800 gallons) and nature ponds of up to 80,000 litres (17,600 gallons).
The self-cleaning drum technology can remove solids down to as little as 80 microns (80 thousandths of a millimetre). It then flushes the waste away using a small amount of pond water. To give you an idea of what that means - the eye of a needle is 1200 microns across. The moving bed filter contains the new Hel-X 13 media that have a significantly enlarged surface area. This aids in the growth of beneficial bacteria and increases the rate at which they can remove harmful ammonia, nitrite and other pollutants. A powerful air pump is needed to make the media move and create the "fluidised bed."
This pump fed module is designed to be set up above ground and have the outlet of the filter feeding back into the pond or on to a waterfall. A Bitron C UV or a Bitron Eco UV can be mounted on the inlet to effectively clump together the algae before it enters the drum.
The Proficlear Premium Compact-M EGC also features a digital control module through which you can perform a number of useful functions.
With all the features of the Pump Fed version this filter can also be buried in the ground and fed from a bottom drain. This is the most efficient way to filter the pond and allows the filter to be entirely hidden away.
There are basically 2 ways to achieve this. The best way is to use the ProfiClear Classic Pump Chamber which is a box of nearly identical size which connects to the Premium Compact in series. The pumps and the UVs go inside the pump chamber. Water then leaves via a 110mm pipe to return to the pond. Or you could use an Aquamax Eco Premium in the pump chamber feeding a hose out to the UV and then to the pond.
Alternatively you can fit an adaptor on the 110mm outlet to change this to a 50mm. This can then be attached to a dry mounted pump, like the Aquamax Dry, and the water then pumped through a UV and back to the pond via a hose.
Ideal for Koi ponds of up to 22,000 litres (4,850 gallons), goldfish ponds of up to 44,000 litres (9,700 gallons) and nature ponds of up to 88,000 litres (19,400 gallons).
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
We are delighted to be able to offer a credit option for customers who are over 18 years old and have lived in the UK for at least three years. Orders placed by customers with a total value under £50.00, have the option of paying for the full order in 30 days time. A second option which allows customers to split the payment in 3 (a third up front then two equal payments in 30 days and 60 days time) is provided for orders with a total value of over £50.00.
There are no fees for taking up interest free credit. If you are buying online all you need to do is click through to the checkout and select our finance option as your method of payment.
Please note that Maidenhead Aquatics (t/a Rapid Aquatics Limited) is acting as a credit broker and not a lender. Finance is subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. Applicants must be 18 or over and resident in the UK. Finance is provided by Klarna AB. Registered Office: 10 Crown Place, London, EC2A 4FT.
Click here for more information about our finance package with Klarna AB