Water test to quickly and easily check aquarium water quality in 60 seconds: test strips measure pH, carbonate hardness (KH), general hardness (GH), nitrite (NO2-), nitrate (NO3-) and chlorine (Cl2).
The Tetra test strips enable you to quickly and reliably determine the six most important water values in aquariums in one simple step: dip the test strips into the water, swirl them in the water for one or two seconds, shake off any excess water and read off the most important information about the water values just 60 seconds later. The colour chart can be used to determine whether these are within the safe range. The pH, general and carbonate hardness (GH + KH), nitrite (NO2-), nitrate (NO3-) and chlorine (Cl2) in the aquarium water are measured. Aquarium inhabitants such as fish react very sensitively to excessive changes in the pH value, which impacts their well-being. The general hardness affects the vital functions of fish, while the carbonate hardness has a direct influence on the stability of the pH value (pH buffer). The test strips also measure the nitrite and nitrate values of the aquarium water. Nitrite is extremely harmful, even in very low concentrations, and should not be detectable in the water. Nitrate is a nutrient that helps plants to grow. However, excessively high levels of NO3- can be harmful to fish and promote excessive algae growth. Chlorine may also be present in the water, and is harmful to fish and plants. Just like nitrite, chlorine should not be detectable in the aquarium water. The Tetra Aquatics app can be used to determine the water values quickly and reliably using a smartphone.
No one has left a review yet.
Delivery costs for your order will be calculated during the checkout process based on your delivery address and the contents of your basket. You will only pay one delivery charge for your order. Express delivery is FREE for online orders OVER £39 unless any of the points below become a factor.
- Some large items like aquariums, ponds and pond liners will have an additional charge of £45.00 to help offset the cost of a pallet delivery.
- Orders containing a physical gift card will have an additional charge of £2.45 to cover the cost of materials and delivery (digital gift cards are a free alternative).
- Orders to highlands, islands and Northern Ireland may incur an additional delivery charge displayed at checkout this is based on the postal code provided. DPD provides a list of postal codes which have additional surcharges. Some of these post codes may also take 2 working days to arrive, even on express. Pallet deliveries cannot be sent to these post codes.
We only ship to the UK and cannot ship internationally.
We aim to dispatch items that are currently in stock on the same working day if they are ordered before 2.45 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders after 3pm will be dispatched the following working day, unless it fits any of the below criteria:
- Orders containing live plants will take up to 2 weeks to arrive. We take a week's worth of customer orders and then inform the plant farms of the specific quantities we need to fulfil that week's order to avoid wastage.
- Pallet orders containing large items like big aquariums will take additional time to arrive as they are sent by a third party. These orders will NOT be dispatched until we have been in touch to arrange a delivery date, this is to ensure someone is available at your address to sign for the delivery. Deliveries will generally be delivered ‘curb side’ within the terms of the agreement we have with our couriers so you will need to make arrangements to transfer larger items into your home yourself. Unfortunately, our drivers are not insured to transfer the aquarium into your home.
- Physical gift cards and items from the gift shop (such as clothes, towels etc) are sent with 1st Class Royal Mail. Delivery usually takes 1-2 working days, though in rare cases and orders placed closer to public holidays (Christmas, Father’s day, Mother’s day etc.) may be longer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase online from our website, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, for up to 21 days from the date you purchased it.
We strongly suggest signing up for an account with fishkeeper.co.uk as this will allow for some additional returns options like return to your local store.
If you checkout as a guest you will need to return the product to Maidenhead Aquatics, PO Box 619, Egham, Surrey, TW20 2BS, please package the order (along with a packing slip or a note including your name, address and order number).
Large pallet items like aquariums are deemed delivered successfully with no damage once the the driver has left the property. If a report of damage is submitted after the driver has left we may be unable to assist with replacements. We recommend refusing a damaged delivery, this is the fastest resolution.
Our full terms and conditions can be found here. When you place an order with us online you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.